Question about how you use the site...

Eccena@...

 Hi

 Yes, I think they would be helpful, especially to new users.

 I use them occasionally.

 Eileen

Robert Gertz

Yes, very useful.

Phil Gyford

Hi,

Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have that list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?

I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those links are still useful...? What do you think?

Thanks,
Phil

--
Phil Gyford
http://www.gyford.com/

SusannaG@...

Yes, I use the Background Information links.  I find them very useful on occasion.

Susanna

beat_town

I find them a very convenient way of quickly getting to the background pages. I'd like to keep
them there, especially since we never know when new users will visit the site, and it does help
them see its depth.

My tuppence,
Todd

--- Phil Gyford <phil@gyford.com> wrote:

Hi,

Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have that
list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on
the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?

I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but
someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the
existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those
links are still useful...? What do you think?

Thanks,
Phil

Terry Foreman

I use them to get to the background as often as I use the link to them at the top; but either one would suit..

But my 2¢ are worth less than Todd's tuppence.

Terry

At 04:45 PM 6/28/2006 -0700, you wrote:
[...]

Yahoo! Groups Links

Marjorie Howard Johnson <drbaby@...>

Hi, Phil, I have always found them most helpful, often the first target when
I open the page. Thanks for them! MJ

From: Phil Gyford <phil@gyford.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:12:57 +0100
To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [pepysdiary] Question about how you use the site...

Hi,

Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have that
list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on
the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?

I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but
someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the
existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those
links are still useful...? What do you think?

Thanks,
Phil

--
Phil Gyford
http://www.gyford.com/

dirk_vandeputte

Yes!!! Very useful. Please keep them.

--- In pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com, Phil Gyford <phil@...> wrote:

Hi,

Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have
that
list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on
the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?

I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but
someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the
existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those
links are still useful...? What do you think?

Thanks,
Phil

--
Phil Gyford
http://www.gyford.com/

Susan Thomas

Yes, I use them, but not very often

SCT

drbaby@en.com 29/06/2006 12:53:04 pm >>>

From: Phil Gyford <phil@gyford.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:12:57 +0100
To: pepysdiary@yahoogroups.com

Hi,

Here's a question for you - you know on pepysdiary.com we have that
list of Background Info categories on the right of every entry, on
the front page, archive pages, etc? Do you use those links?

I ask just because they weren't there when the site launched, but
someone suggested they'd be useful to make new users aware of the
existence of the Background Info pages. And I'm wondering if those
links are still useful...? What do you think?

Thanks,
Phil

--
Phil Gyford
http://www.gyford.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links

joe phelan

Phil--
I don't use those links too often, but I do like having them there,
just in case. I don't know if I would miss them much if they were
gone, though, since they all can still be found easily under
"background info." Would there be any advantage in removing them?
---Joe Phelan

At 23:53 -0700 2006-06-28, joe phelan wrote:
Phil--
I don't use those links too often, but I do like having them there,
just in case. I don't know if I would miss them much if they were
gone, though, since they all can still be found easily under
"background info." Would there be any advantage in removing them?
I've just been thinking about other things that I'd like to add to pages and where they'd go. But it sounds like the links are useful so I won't be removing them!

Thanks everyone,
Phil

--
Phil Gyford